New and Exciting this Week:
- Mythotopia (bg)
- Deus (bg)
- The Ancient World (bg)
- Pathfinder ACG: Skull & Shackles - The Price of Infamy
- Dice Masters: Yu-Gi-Oh Starters & Boosters
- Netrunner: Order & Chaos
- Descent: Guardians of Deephall
- WH40K Conquest: Gift of the Ethereals
- XCOM the Boardgame
- Machi Koro: Harbor Expansion
- Pathfinder Pawns: Inner Sea Box
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Flooded Dungeon
- Pathfinder Familiar Folio
- 40K Codex: Necrons (and Datacards)
- Necron Overlord
Ooh, fodder for an impromptu "Make a Adventure" contest. Best idea submitted before 8 pm on 1/31 gets a prize. Keep it safe for work, home and family.
Forty years ago today, some guys in Wisconsin first sold a game that you might have heard of...
Thanks to Gary & Dave and all the others present in those heady days. And if you want to read more about the history of RPGs (and thus the history of the rest of the games they led to), check out Designers and Dragons, a four volume set we have at the store. I have finished the first one and have found it a solid read. It has a lot of facts and details, but also captures the spirit the times, much of which still influences the hobby today.
Without getting too maudlin, I can honestly say that without RPGs and gaming I would not have met most of the friends I have today, nor would I have ever dreamed of the opportunity I have here at Hometown. Had you been able to tell me back in 1977 what the industry would become, and my (small) part it in, I would have thought you were crazy.
Have fun, Play games, and roll crits!